How to build a local partnership ?
During an international expansion, the legislation of the host country may require the creation of a local partnership, it is often the case in the Middle East.
When local regulations are not binding in this area, it may be wise to engage the services of a partner who knows local needs, legislation and business customs.
A local partner is a key person for efficient and timely a successful acculturation of the company in a foreign country.
Finally, a good partner must have an onsite network, which is a valuable time saver. It is essential to prepare a solid contract with this partner to have recourse in the event of failure on its part.
Develop a local partnership
Before entering into a business relationship, it is imperative to conduct a due diligence on the partner, it must have an impeccable reputation, not to damage the reputation of the company, it is necessary that it is solvent, expertise must be real, and their skills, qualifications must be recognized.
ABI validates regular business partnerships since more than a decade and in numerous countries globally.
In each case we:
- Identify the target and its environment:
- Proove existence: Recording, education license
- Find ownership structure, funding
- Enquires and evaluate management
- Assess stakeholders: Clients, students, suppliers
- Evaluate reputation
- Enquire about litigations records
- Establish a global background Check: blacklists, embargo, etc.
- Check claimed local and international partnerships
- Check accreditations, rankings, references
- Identify liabilities and business relationships